Friday, April 25, 2008

Lastings Milledge Is Still Lastings Milledge


A chance to clean the slate and begin anew with another team and Lastings Milledge is still up to the same ole' tricks:
Nationals center fielder Lastings Milledge found himself on the bench for most of Thursday's 10-5 victory against the Mets because he was late for work, according to manager Manny Acta.

Milledge however, entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the sixth inning and had a key walk, which helped Washington score four runs.

"He showed up late for work," Acta said. "I love Milledge and he knows it. Out of all the rules I have, I have three rules that are unbreakable regardless of who you are. You can be the 25th guy on the team, or Ryan Zimmerman. At least, [Milledge] gets disciplined. Go ask Jim Bowden, Stan Kasten and the Lerners what would they do to me if I showed up late for work."

Milledge didn't deny that he was late to Nationals Park, but declined to give the reason. Asked what happened, Milledge said: "That doesn't matter. I was late. ... It's something I couldn't control. I take full responsibility."

No comments: